- 8 chicken drumsticks (1kg), rinsed
- 1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 20g green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 T rice wine (mirin)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T minced ginger
- 1 T roasted sesame seeds
- 1 t sesame oil
- A few sprinkles of ground black pepper
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes. (You can marinate overnight too).
- Preheat the oven at 240 C (on the fan forced setting) for 20 mins. Take the chicken out from the fridge. Lay down some baking paper on the oven tray and line up the chicken. Make sure they are not stacked up on top of each other. Alternatively, you can use an oven safe pot and put the chicken in and the marinade. (They come out slightly differently, I personally preferred the one in the pot)
- Put the tray/pot into the oven and bake it at 240 C for 12 mins. Take the tray/pot out and turn the chicken over and put it back into the oven. Bake it a further 12 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked. Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onion. Serve.
I’m sure I warned you that Korean cuisine is my favourite! So you might be seeing more then a few recipes from Korea here….. In my quest to grow the next generation of foodies, having them try and like different dishes from Korea is very important to me as I hope to visit Korea very soon! And I want them to love the food as much as I do... Many Korean dishes are very spicy, and that’s the reason I love it so much, but not all has to be spicy and here I will share an amazing recipe I found, which your kids will love too. I plan to have my kids love spicy food too, but with Soraya only being 2.5yrs, it’s a bit too early to start giving her kimchi! 😉
I’m always searching for different types of Korean recipes, and a while ago I came across this site, with the best recipes to try. I highly recommend it. It’s called My Korean Kitchen http://mykoreankitchen.com. The author/cook behind this blog is Sue, and she shares some great recipes. Every time I receive her newsletter I feel motivated to try them out. This time she posted a recipe that is super child friendly, Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks and all 4 kids absolutely loved it. In fact Alessandro ate 3 drumsticks in a row and Gaja kept asking for more rice to have with the delicious sauce…
Test it out on your family and let me know if it was a success!